Sunday, April 30, 2017

Famous Last Words: Dead Week



(Yoda Graduate Meme, personal source.)

  • Your reading for this week: I did not do both portions, but I had every intention of reading both. This past week just picked me up and threw me across the room and did not even take me to the hospital. I remember that the reading was more in a gossip-storytelling tone than any of the other stories I have read this semester. I also remember the characters who committed adultery in the stories were always women; and I was shocked and a little bit angry. The narrators depicted these women as pretty, but cheated on their husbands, usually much older husbands. The husbands were depicted as average looking men, but strived for honor and/or were very devote, good men. Which we know for a fact that adultery goes both ways. 
  • Your best writing for this week: I did my best writing in another class, I created a Media Plan which basically states the social media channels we are targeting, why we are targeting them and who we hope to reach with our selected targeting and what raised awareness will do for the company we are working with for this Capstone project. It was necessarily my best writing, but I think I improved on the type of writing I needed to finish for this semester project. 
  • Other people's writing: I really like Taylor Thurston’s writing. I think they are well planned and nicely written. They are also entertaining and some of the other writings that I have read just are not fun to read. You can usually tell who likes to write and who just wrote something to get it down and turned in. So, other blogs are harder to read than others. 
  • Your other classes: I completed all my content for my Capstone book, but the Book itself (I was not in charge of the book) is unorganized and inconsistent – I am honestly worried about the grade I will receive. We have dress rehearsal on Monday and we are watching my classmates’ presentations as well throughout the week. Our final presentation is on May 8, so I am ready for that course to be finished. I have a final project due on Tuesday which I am not worried about and then I have a one-page paper due on Wednesday for my fitness class. After May 8, I will be officially finished with college! I am so ready. 
  • Next week: My hopes for next week are to go smoothly with every project, hopefully A’s and B’s. Next week is Finals Week – it’ll be my last Finals Week and I am ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment