Sunday, February 19, 2017

Famous Last Words: Two Weeks of Overload

Your reading for this week: I enjoyed the reading for this week and I am a little upset I did not get to finish Reading Part B. This previous week snuck up on me and I got behind on not just this class but my other courses as well.  I enjoyed reading about Isis, she seems like a big strong female that I tend to gravitate toward in the stories I read.

Your best writing for this week: I am neutral about my Week 5 writing; I think I could have done better if not for being a little overwhelmed during the week. I actually really enjoyed receiving feedback from my peers and the professor about my Portfolio project, specifically my Sunflower piece. I usually latched onto a specific theme in the story and create my own story separate from the reading I have done. However, I did try adding my own spin to my Week 5 story and I really enjoyed the challenge.

Other people's writing: I really enjoyed reading Tyler’s retelling of the legend of Hades and Persephone. I really liked how Persephone was the one to ‘steal’ Hades away from the underworld and have him slowly fall in love with her instead. Her twist to how the seasons change and the spring’s storms are due to Persephone’s sorrow being separated from Hades was interesting and I liked her little detail of Spring storms.

Your other classes: My other classes are busy: I had two different projects due on the same day and I have to plan accordingly for other projects due in a few weeks. I haven’t noticed any connecting themes with this class and my other ones, but I am sure my campaigns course will reveal some overlapping themes.


Outside of school and next week: I am super busy for the next two weeks. I am organizing two fundraising booths for Hayden’s Hope at the PRSSA Regional Conference which will be hosted at Gaylord College. I am creating pamphlets and brochures for the booth. Then that next week, I am going to Chicago with some Advertising and PR students to visit agencies. I will be gone from Wednesday to Sunday, so I will be busy working ahead for this class and my other classes.  


(Busy Schedule from Odyssey Online)

1 comment:

  1. Lauren, there have been a few times throughout the semester when I have not been able to finish a Part B reading so I can sympathize with you about being busy during any particular week. Also, I love getting feedback too from my peers and professor(s) because that is the time when you grow and learn the most! I don't know how you have been able to work ahead for your classes because that requires time that I don't personally have lol. You must extremely dedicated!

    ReplyDelete