Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Reading Notes: Adam and Eve, Part B

I know some of my notes could be taken the wrong way, so I want to halt any misunderstandings. The points I make do not 100 percent reflect my beliefs. I take points because I plan to use the themes the original story used and recreating them to fit my story.

Bibliography: Adam and Eve from The Forgotten Books of Eden, by Rutherford H. Platt, Jr.

The Darkness:
-"This darkness is not a punishment. But, O Adam, I have made the day, and have placed the sun in it to give light in order that thou and thy children should do your work."
- "O Lord, take Thou my soul, and let me not see this gloom any more, or remove me to some place where there is no darkness." But God the Lord said to Adam, "Verily I say unto thee, this darkness will pass from thee, every day I have determined for thee, until the fulfillment of My covenant when I will save thee and bring thee back again into the garden..." Basically, you have to suffer a little bit to get back in my good graces.

The Sunrise and the Serpent:
- "And a wind came to blow from heaven by command of God that carried away the serpent from Adam and Eve, threw it on the sea shore, and it landed in India." So India is not considered a great place, and thats why the serpent was 'banished' to India or the reason India is not considered great is because the serpent was 'banished' there?

Worship and Blessing:
- "Therefore did He say unto him, 'O Adam, do not again kill thyself as thou didst, by throwing thyself down from that mountain.'" Despite everything that has happened between 'man' and the powerful being, the powerful being still cares and worries for the 'man.' The 'man' realized this and offered to do what ever it he could to please go once again.



(Photo by Daniel Burka; from Web Source.)









2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren! Just a quick note about blog formatting: if you run into trouble with colors or fonts like in this post, all you have to do is click anywhere in the post and Select-All (Control-A, or use the Edit menu in your browser), and then hit Tx on the far right of the Blogger editing bar. That will remove the formatting and reset it all to Blogger defaults, and then you will be able to make any changes you want/need based on the defaults. I hope that helps! That should help fix the white-on-white that you have with the text in this post. :-)

    ReplyDelete