Sunday, February 12, 2017

Feedback Focus: Techniques

Techniques



(16700- Legend of Britomart from Web Source.)

Reading out loud:
1. The Wax Crocodile; The King, The Falcon, and the Drinking Cup; Why Dog and Cat are Enemies
  • I did not like reading aloud. I do believe I have enough awareness of the story to write detailed comments, but I still do not like reading aloud. Reading out loud feels like it is breaking a barrier, the quietness of reading allows me to immerse myself in the story. Throughout reading the stories, I caught myself multiple times reading out loud, but by the middle of the story, I would unconsciously stop reading out loud. 
    • I have to say The King, The Falcon, and The Drinking Cup is an awful, sad story; it automatically put a pit in my stomach. I greatly dislike stories like this. I whole-heartedly believe stories should have a somewhat happy ending because the world is shitty enough. I confess, I usually skip stories like this one because I have enough negativity in my own life that I do not want to feel worse by reading stories like this one. 
Copy-and-Delete:

2. What Makes The Lightning
  • I have a similar technique for making notes, but I do not copy and paste the text into another document and then delete each paragraph. I simply have two tabs open and jot notes down when something interests or surprises me. I still like my technique better since it is less work and saves time rather than opening up more tabs. 
Use a Timer:

3. What The Heart Desires
  • I loved it! The story was wonderful, I actually read it twice in the 10 minutes I did have. However, I do not think the timer technique is for me. I still originally like my technique. This technique may not have worked for me since I enjoyed the story so much I was not bothered at the idea to read it again. 

My favorite story was What the Heart Desires, it has strong women and I like the back story Glauce has with the princess' grandmother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment